Location: Sunnyside, WA
Salary: Determined on Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package
JOB SUMMARY: May perform multiple tasks as assigned including Production Team tasks. Performs Fitting, Welding or Machine Operations by reading blue prints/work orders, gathering required parts, taking measurements in standard and metric systems, setting up materials for welding (GMAW) and welding the structural steel products (columns and beams, etc.) Machine operation may include any of the industrial steel fabrication machines in the facility. May also perform multiple tasks including Forklift & Crane operation, and Preventive Maintenance tasks on a variety of equipment.
- Check equipment for working order and work area for safety.
- Read Work Order, structural steel blue prints, drawings and specification sheets.
- Set up equipment.
- Lay out parts according to work order and structural drawings.
- Perform math functions in standard and metric such as read tape measure; take measurements, mark the product, and add and subtract simple fractions and metric measurements.
- Tack or Weld structural parts into place using wire feed welding equipment (GMAW).
- Perform welding of simple and fillet welds requiring multiple passes and penetration.
- Set up and operate equipment using computers and manual controls.
- Operate various cranes and other equipment (including forklifts and trucks) to move and load raw materials and products.
- Operate Machinery in a safe and productive manner.
- Move finished product to staging area.
- Notifies Supervisor or Lead of needed repairs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Structural Steel Welding experience required for Fitter and Welder positions.
- Blue Print Reading experience required.
- Able to perform basic math skills in both standard and metric systems: add, subtract, multiply, simple fractions. Read tape measure and take measurements and mark the product.
- Able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening and a Criminal Background Check.
- Regular and punctual attendance. Overtime is a requirement of employment.
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Work independently and/or as a willing cooperative team member.
- Willingly take direction from Supervisory and Lead personnel.
- Follow quality procedures and demonstrate strong safety awareness.
Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In general, employee is exposed to a structural steel fabrication environment with excessive noise levels; occasional exposure to vibration and outside weather conditions; frequently works near moving mechanical parts; frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; seldom works in high, precarious places and is seldom exposed to risk of electrical shock. See Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for potential job hazards.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
SunSteel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). Requests for special accommodations should be directed to the Human Resources Department.
By applying and submitting this application, I affirm that I have read and agree to all of the disclosures and conditions included in the on-line application and that I will be required to submit a completed hard copy application prior to employment.I understand that if I am employed, any misrepresentation or material omission made by me on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate discharge from the employer’s service, whenever it is discovered.
I give the employer the right to contact and obtain information from all references, employers, educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of this information contained in this application. I understand that an investigative consumer background check may be performed. I hereby release from liability the employer and its representatives for seeking, gathering and using such information and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information.
SunSteel, LLC does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no questions on this application are used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This application is current for only 60 days. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application.
If I am hired, I understand that I am free to resign at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice, and the employer reserves the same right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice, except as may be required by law. This application does not constitute an agreement or contract for employment for any specified period or definite duration. I understand that no representative of the employer other than an authorized officer, has the authority to make any assurances to the contrary. I further understand that any such assurances must be in writing and signed by an authorized officer. I understand it is this company’s policy not to refuse to hire a qualified individual because of that person’s need for a reasonable accommodation as required by the ADA.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal work authorization.I acknowledge that SunSteel, LLC its divisions and subsidiaries are drug free. I understand that once offered employment, I will be required to submit to a drug and alcohol screening before employment begins and during the course of employment, I understand that my compliance with this policy is a condition of employment. I understand that my compliance with this policy is a condition of employment and that continuing employment is conditional upon the successful passing of this testing. I understand that, if hired, I will be obligated to follow SunSteel, LLC code of ethics. This generally means that I will not hold any interest directly or indirectly, which may compromise my objectivity in the performance of my job functions in a complete and impartial manner or affect my willingness to serve the company’s interest well.